AGM voting is mainly conducted during the virtual AGM, which mainly becomes easy and stays fair for the shareholders. The annual general meeting is mainly the shareholders’ chance to voice their opinion and vote on some of the issues. This is very important for the running of the company. Shareholders are mainly encouraged to exercise their right to vote.
The key benefits of the AGM voting system
- The meeting administrator can mainly allow or regulate the ability of certain attendees for the polling. For example, when a certain question is being addressed to the shareholders, the observer’s polling ability can be also restricted.
- At some point in time in the meeting when polling is mainly not required the admin can also disable this feature temporarily.
- Confirmation of the registered voters can be sent quickly to the shareholders. The poll results can also be available immediately. A unique identifier can also link each shareholder with the required account on the register, providing straightforward, and easy to use technology.
- The admin can also be able to select which attendees are able to see the polling questions.
The process of AGM voting
Shareholders mainly use the voting device to make the selection and view the confirmation of their vote directly on the screen. Some of the steps involved in this type of voting include:
- Attendance: The attendance cards of the shareholders are mainly scanned on arrival. This mainly simplified the registration process. Corporate representatives, guests, proxies, and the press are also registered and their details are being added to the meeting database, which mainly allows them to be tracked via the vote monitor.
- Register: The smartcard is being issued to the shareholder, which mainly contains the reference number, that is linked with their voting rights. No confidential shareholder information is stored on the card so if lost it can be easily canceled and replaced.
- With the smartcard which is being inserted into the voting device, the shareholder is mainly able to vote. Unlike the show of hands, the vote can be instantly recorded, which improves shareholder perception through the efficient use of modern technology.
These are some of the important aspects of the AGM voting to be kept in mind.