‘HP Printer Driver is unavailable’ is the most common error message that pops up when the printer stops working suddenly. No need to worry about this, as it is easy to fix the error with simple and quick steps.
There might be many reasons for this error message such as the printer is missing, corrupt or the PC is not able to recognise the printer. When it comes to fixing this error message, there are many techniques available. Discussing below the 3 techniques that may help to fix the hp printer driver error. Go through and find the one which is suitable and works the best for any particular condition.
Reinstall HP Printer Driver
Technique 1: Reinstalling HP Printer Driver With Device Manager
- Press the Windows logo key and R together with the keyboard. It will invoke the Run command. On the Run command, type devmgmt.msc, then click on OK.
- Double click on the printers options, it will display the available printer hardware on the PC.
- Right click on the HP printer, it will invoke different actions that could be taken. Click on ‘Uninstall device’ in order to remove the HP driver from PC.
- Make a tick mark on ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ and tap on the ‘Uninstall’ button. It will uninstall the HP driver printer from the PC.
- Now, restart the PC to detect the changes. Windows could automatically detect the appropriate HP printer driver.
- Install the driver again. Make sure to take care of each of the essential components for installation.
Technique 2: Installing Windows Updates
- Press Windows logo key with ‘I’, from the keyboard. It will open the Windows settings menu.
- From the Windows settings menu, first click on ‘Updates and Security’ and then on ‘Check for Updates’.
- The windows will check for any available updates and will download and install them automatically.
- Wait for the process to get complete. Once done, reboot the PC to test.
- If still it is showing the error message, use the next technique.
Technique 3: Unplug And Plug Again
- Unplug all the cables and cords which are connecting the printer to the PC. In simple words, disconnect the printer from the PC.
- Now, plug all the disconnected cables (in above step) again. The setup wizard will ask to follow certain instructions, simply follow them step by step.
- If the setup wizard doesn’t prompt any instructions, click on the start windows button from the keyboard. Now, scroll down to find settings option and tap on devices from the settings screen.
- Go to ‘Add a Printer or Scanner’ from the ‘Printers and Scanners’ option.
- Windows will detect all the hardwares connected to the computer. When it detects the HP printer, follow the instructions to install HP printer driver.
Follow the step by step procedure given in the above techniques to fix the ‘HP printer driver unavailable’ error. If one technique doesn’t work, jump on to the other to detect what is working for the particular printer.